Cast from Google Cast-enabled apps to the TV
Casting to your TV is a simple way to enjoy your favorite apps optimized for the big screen. You can even use your phone or tablet as a remote and control everything from playback to volume. Let's get started!Before you begin casting
- Your phone or tablet can't cast to Chromecast if it is connected to your mobile network. Make sure your phone or tablet is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- The smartphone, tablet or computer you are using to cast must be on the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast.
- You must be running the latest version of the Google Cast-enabled app. You can always double check that you are on the latest version by visiting the Google Store or Apple App Store and checking for any app updates.
- Open a Google Cast-enabled app.
- In the top right corner, touch the Cast button .
- When you're connected, the Cast button will turn blue .
- You can now cast videos, movies and TV shows directly to your TV.
Whether you’re into music, movies, games, or sports, there's a Google Cast-enabled app for you. Check them out below!Google Cast-enabled apps & sites
For more information on developing for Cast, please visit our Cast Developer Help Center.
Please note: Casting may also be enabled from your laptop on the websites of Google Cast-enabled apps. To learn more, visit Google Cast-enabled app vs. Casting a tab. In order to cast from Chrome, please ensure you have the Google Cast extension installed on your Chrome browser.
To avoid auto-switching, Android users can go to your devices WiFi settings and Forget 'Network B' to ensure that your Android device is connected to the same 'Network A' as your Chromecast.
If you're having trouble with a Google Cast-enabled app, please try our Chromecast Troubleshooting tips.
Mac OS and OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Inc. iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco Inc. The Netflix logo is a trademark of Netflix, Inc. Netflix is available in certain countries. Unlimited streaming membership required. More information at www.netflix.com.
Elise is a Chromecast expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.