Cast from Supported Apps to your TV
Casting to your TV is a simple way to use your phone or tablet as a remote for your TV. To cast to your TV from your smartphone, tablet or laptop, simply open up a cast supported app, press the Cast button and the Cast button will turn blue, letting you know you're connected. Once you are connected, you can cast videos, movies and TV shows directly to your TV.
Before you cast to your TV, please note:
- Your phone or tablet cannot cast to Chromecast if it is connected to your mobile network. Your phone or tablet must be connected to a WiFi network.
- The smartphone, tablet or computer you are using to cast must be on the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast.
- You must be running the latest version of the supported app. You can always double check that you are on the latest version by visiting Google Play or Apple App Store and checking for any app updates, and update your app accordingly.
Supported Apps & Sites include:
- YouTube app and YouTube.com
- Google Play Movies & TV
- Google Play Music
- Google+ Photos
- Additional cast supported apps are listed here.
For more information on developing for Cast, please visit our Cast Developer Help Center here.
Please note: Casting may also be enabled from your laptop on the websites of Chromecast supported apps. To learn more, visit Google Cast Ready vs. Casting a tab. In order to Cast from Chrome, please ensure you have the Google Cast extension installed on your Chrome browser.
To avoid auto-switching, Android users can go to your devices WiFi settings and Forget 'Network B' to ensure that your Android device is connected to the same 'Network A' as your Chromecast.
If you're having trouble with a supported app, please try our Chromecast Troubleshooting tips here.
Mac OS and OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Inc. iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco Inc. The Netflix logo is a trademark of Netflix, Inc. Netflix is available in certain countries. Unlimited streaming membership required. More information at www.netflix.com.