Set up your Chromecast device
The Google Home app will walk you through the steps to set up your Chromecast device. This includes Chromecast and Chromecast Ultra.
If you've already set up your Chromecast on a mobile device, you don't need to set it up again on a different mobile device if all devices are on the same Wi-Fi network.
What you need to get started
- A Chromecast device
- Latest version of the Google Home app
- A Google account.
- A display device with an HDMI input, for example, a high-definition television (HDTV)
- Access to an available power outlet and a secure wireless network.
- Meet the minimum Operating System (OS) requirements to run the Google Home app
- An internet connection.
- Access to a secure wireless network (make sure you have the wireless network password handy)
- For Chromecast (1st generation), connection to a Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n 2.4G network. For Chromecast, connection to a Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac 2.4/5G network. For Chromecast Ultra, connection to a Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac 5G network.
- A compatible phone or tablet
- Availability and performance of certain features, services and applications are device- and network-dependent and may not be available in all areas; subscription(s) may be required, and additional terms, conditions and/or charges may apply.
Set up Chromecast or Chromecast Ultra
- Plug in Chromecast.
- Install the Google Home app by navigating to g.co/home/setup on your Chromecast supported iOS device.
- Or click to download the Google Home app for iOS.
- Make sure to connect your mobile device/tablet to the same Wi-Fi network that you intend to use to set up your Chromecast device.
- Open the Google Home app .
Follow the steps.
If you don’t see the steps to set up your Chromecast:
On the Google Home app's home screen, tap AddSet up deviceSet up new devices.
Follow the remaining steps.
- Set up is successful. You're all done!