Set up your Chromecast device
The Google Home app will walk you through the steps to set up your Chromecast device. This includes Chromecast and Chromecast Ultra.
If you've already set up your Chromecast on a mobile device, you don't need to set it up again on a different mobile device if all devices are on the same Wi-Fi network.
What you need to get started
- A Chromecast device.
- Latest version of the Google Home app .
- Latest version of Google app (Android only. Download it here).
- A Google account.
- A display device with an HDMI input, for example, a high-definition television (HDTV)
- A mobile device or tablet.
- The compatible mobile device or tablet must support a 5GHz connection to set up Chromecast on a 5GHz connection. Note: A WPA2-Enterprise network is not supported.
- Meet the minimum Operating System (OS) requirements to run the Google Home app .
- An internet connection.
- Access to a secure wireless network. Make sure you have the wireless network password handy.
- Availability and performance of certain features, services and applications are device- and network-dependent and may not be available in all areas; subscription(s) may be required, and additional terms, conditions and/or charges may apply.
Set up Chromecast or Chromecast Ultra
- Plug in Chromecast.
- Install the Google Home app by navigating to g.co/home/setup on your Chromecast-supported Android device.
- Or click to download the Google Home app for Android.
- Make sure to connect your mobile device/tablet to the same Wi-Fi network that you intend to use to set up your Chromecast device.
- Open the Google Home app by tapping the app icon on your Android device.
Follow the steps.
If you don’t see the steps to set up your Chromecast:
On the Google Home app's home screen, tap AddSet up deviceSet up new devices.
Follow the remaining steps.
- Set up is successful. You're all done!