Using a removable storage device, you can get data from your Chromecast with Google TV and import files to it.
Note: These steps aren’t intended for the general use of your Chromecast with Google TV. There’s no guarantee this method will work in all types of setups and scenarios.
- Compatible USB-C hub with a power delivery port
- USB-C charger (higher than 1.5A / 7.5W)
- Portable storage devices, such as a USB stick or SD card
Note: For USB storage devices, you need USB 2.0 or faster speeds.
Connect a storage device to your Chromecast
- Connect your Chromecast with Google TV to your TV’s HDMI port.
- Connect the USB-C hub to your Chromecast device.
- Plug the USB-C charger into a power outlet, then connect it to the power delivery port of the USB-C hub.
- Connect your USB storage device to the hub. You’ll get a prompt to reformat the storage device.