If you run out of storage on your Chromecast with Google TV, follow the steps below.
1. Clear your cache
To clear the cache for all apps on your device:
- Navigate to your profile icon select Settings System Storage Internal shared storage Cached data.
- Select OK to clear cached data for all apps.
Note: Clearing your app cache only removes temporary data. You’ll remain signed in to your apps and media will load faster.
2. Uninstall apps that you don’t use
- Navigate to your profile icon select Settings Apps See all apps.
- Choose an app Uninstall OK.
3. Expand your Chromecast’s storage
To expand your Chromecast’s storage, you’ll need a:
- Compatible USB-C hub with a power delivery port.
- USB-C charger (higher than 1.5 A/7.5 W).
- Portable storage device, such as a USB stick or SD card.
- If you use a USB storage device, use USB 2.0 or greater speeds.
To expand your storage:
- Connect your Chromecast to your TV’s HDMI port.
- Connect the USB-C hub to your Chromecast.
- Connect the USB-C charger to a power socket and to the power delivery port of the USB-C hub.
- Connect your USB storage device to the hub. You’ll be prompted to reformat the storage device in order to expand your system storage.