With the purchase of a new Chromecast with Google TV and HBO Max bundle, you’ll receive 3 months of the HBO Max Ad-Free plan if you’re new to the service. You’ll create an HBO Max account when you redeem the offer.
The Chromecast with Google TV and HBO Max bundle is available in the US only.
If you purchased the Chromecast with Google TV and HBO Max bundle through the Google Store, your Chromecast is eligible for this offer.
Your order confirmation will say "Chromecast with Google TV and HBO Max bundle."
Redeem your HBO Max credit
- Set up your Chromecast with Google TV using the Google Home app on your mobile device.
- Make sure you use the latest version of the Google Home app (2.40 or later).
- When you finish the setup steps in the app, a screen will appear that tells you to “Check your email for instructions.”
- Note: If you set up your Chromecast on the TV without using the Google Home app, you may not get a screen that confirms the offer, but please check your email once you’ve completed all the setup steps.
- Redeem the offer.
- Open the email from Google with the subject “Redeem your 3 months of the HBO Max Ad-Free plan now” tap Redeem now.
- You can also open the Google Home app tap Feed in the Discover section, find the card with the HBO Max offer tap Redeem now.
- You'll be redirected to hbomax.com/redeem to create an account and redeem your offer.
- Note: When you select the “Redeem now” link from your email or the Home app, your promo code will autofill on this page.
What should I do if I didn’t find the redemption screens in the Google Home App during setup?
- Check that you’re using an eligible Chromecast with Google TV.
- Open the Google Home app tap Feed in the Discover section, find the card “Redeem your 3 months of HBO Max” tap Redeem now.
I set up my Chromecast via the TV and did not receive an email. What should I do?
- Open the Google Home app touch and hold your Chromecast’s tile.
- In the top right, tap Settings Device information Home.
- Tap the home you want your Chromecast to be in Next Move device.
- Tap the room you want your Chromecast to be in Next.
- In the bottom right, tap Feed .
- In the Priority events section, find the card “Redeem your 3 months of HBO Max” tap Redeem now.
What if an error message appears after I select "Redeem now"?
You might get one of these error messages:
- “This offer can’t be redeemed right now. It may not be associated with this device or account (firstname.lastname@example.org). Sign in to the account used to set up your Chromecast with Google TV.” This message may mean:
- You’re not signed into the account you used to set up the Chromecast. On your web browser, try to sign in with the account used to set up your Chromecast with Google TV.
- The offer for this device has already been redeemed.
- “This offer is invalid or expired.” In addition to promotion expiration, this message may mean that there’s a server communication error. On your web browser, log out of other accounts and ensure you’re only logged into the same account you used to set up the Chromecast. Once you’ve logged into the correct account, return to the email and select Redeem now.
What happens if I already have an HBO Max plan?
This offer applies to new HBO Max subscribers only.
How many Chromecast with Google TV and HBO Max offers can I redeem?
This offer can be redeemed only once per person and cannot be combined with any other offer for HBO Max. Refer to the terms and conditions for more information.
What happens if I return the Chromecast with Google TV?
- If you haven't redeemed the HBO Max offer: You'll be refunded the entire amount charged if you return your device within the allowable return period. You won't be eligible to redeem the HBO Max offer.
- If you've already redeemed the HBO Max offer: You will lose the benefit of your HBO Max promotional offer. In this instance your promotional offer is terminated, and you'll be billed at the then-current subscription price (currently $14.99/month) for the monthly HBO Max Ad-Free plan.