Customize your sound format
You can customize your sound format on your Chromecast with Google TV by adjusting your advanced sound settings.
- Turn on your Chromecast at the top right of your TV screen, select your profile Settings .
- Select Display & Sound Advanced sound settings Format selection Manual.
- In the section “Supported formats,” select the format you want to use.
Control Chromecast volume with your voice, mobile device or smart display screen
You can set up your Chromecast Voice Remote to control the Chromecast volume instead of directly controlling the volume on your TV, receiver or soundbar. If you choose this option, you’ll be able to control the volume in the following ways:
- Voice control on a speaker or smart display
- A phone or tablet with the Google Assistant or Google Home app
- Touchscreen control on a smart display
- The Voice Remote Volume button
Important: You may experience unexpected results because of a disparity between the Chromecast volume settings and the volume settings on your TV, receiver or soundbar. For example, if you mute your TV with the remote that came with it, then try to change the volume with your voice, your TV will stay muted.
- To start setup, at the top right of your TV screen, select your profile Settings .
- Select Remotes & Accessories Set up remote buttons Volume control Chromecast Volume.