Home controls work with compatible devices that you’ve connected and can control in the Google Home app , like lights, cameras, thermostats, TVs, and more.
This feature is only available on phones with Android 11 or higher.
Note: You can find general information about how to control your smart devices in Control smart home devices added to the Google Home app.
Set up home controls
If you haven’t already, use your phone to set up your smart devices in the Google Home app.
Control connected devices
To quickly control your devices, press and hold the Power button on your phone. From here, depending on the device, you can:
- Turn devices on or off.
- Change brightness for lights.
- Change thermostat temperature.
- See live videos from cameras.
- Pause music or videos.
- Control smart locks
- Note: You can only control locks that can be unlocked with the Home app.
Tip: The first time you go to the home controls panel, your phone will automatically add some devices. To add more devices, go to the home controls screen and tap More Add controls.
Choose which devices show in home controls
- Press and hold the Power button on your phone.
- Above the controls on the right, tap More Edit controls.
- To remove a device, tap the check box next to the device name. To rearrange devices, drag the device name.
- Tap Save.