You can make the most of your Chromebook at home. If you don’t have an external monitor, you can magnify your screen, cast tabs to your TV and organise your windows into separate virtual desks. Here are some resources to help you get started:
Learn the basics
- Switch to a Chromebook: Find apps, set up your printer and customise your settings.
- Use keyboard shortcuts: Learn popular shortcuts to complete tasks more quickly.
- Add a person to your Chromebook: Share your Chromebook with other members of your household.
- Take a video or photo: Create, find and edit photos or videos.
- Find apps for your Chromebook: Check recommended Chromebook apps for common tasks.
- Customise accessibility features: Find and turn on accessibility features, like screen readers, magnifiers and high contrast mode.
Improve your productivity
- Set up virtual desks: Multitask and organise windows with multiple desks.
- Open, save or delete a file: Open and save files, like documents, PDFs, images and media.
- Video chat and make phone calls: Video chat with several people or make phone calls with Duo.
- Turn on Night Light: Change the colour of your screen to help with eye strain.
- Draw with Canvas: Create and share your designs.
Make sure that you’re connected
- Connect to a monitor: Connect your Chromebook to a monitor or TV with an HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI or VGA port.
- Cast to your TV: View videos, photos and websites on your TV with Chromecast.
- Connect to Bluetooth devices: Connect to accessories, like keyboards, mice, speakers, headphones and audio headsets.
- Connect to Wi-Fi: Use a Wi-Fi network to connect to the Internet.
- Set up virtual private networks (VPNs): Connect to a private network, like the network at your work or school, with a VPN connection.