You can use gestures to switch between apps and interact with your Chromebook in tablet mode. Learn how to change from laptop to tablet mode.
Navigate with gestures
For all gestures, use a single motion, steady speed, and even finger pressure.
Go to your Home screen
From the bottom, long swipe up.See how to go Home
Show your pinned apps
From the bottom, short swipe up.See how to show your pinned apps
View all open app windows
From the bottom, swipe up and hold.See how to view all open app windows
Split your screen
Go back to the previous screen
Swipe from the left side.See how to go back to the previous screen
Navigate with buttons
You can use buttons instead of gestures to check your open app windows, switch between apps, or go to your Home screen.
- At the bottom right, select the time. Or press Alt + Shift + s.
- Select Settings .
- At the bottom, select Advanced.
- In the "Accessibility" section, select Manage accessibility features.
- Under "Mouse and touchpad," turn on Show navigation buttons.
- At the bottom, the buttons will appear.
- To go back to the previous screen, on the bottom left, select Back .
- To go to your Home screen, on the bottom left, select the Launcher . Or press Alt + Shift + L.
- To view all your open app windows, on the bottom right, select Show windows .