Zoom in or magnify your Chromebook screen
To see items on your Chromebook screen better, you can zoom in, magnify, or change your screen resolution.
- To make everything on your screen bigger, change your screen resolution.
- To make your web page bigger, but keep other things on the page the same size, use zoom.
- To zoom in on part of your screen, use the screen magnifier.
Make everything on your screen bigger or smaller
To make everything on your screen bigger or smaller (including your desktop icons and cursor), change your Chromebook screen resolution:
- Make things bigger (decrease resolution): Press Ctrl + Shift and +.
- Make things smaller (increase resolution): Press Ctrl + Shift and -.
- Reset resolution: Press Ctrl + Shift + 0.
Make a specific page bigger or smaller
To make the page you're looking at bigger or smaller, but keep other parts of your screen the same size:
- Zoom in (make things bigger): Press Ctrl and +.
- Zoom out (make things smaller): Press Ctrl and -.
- Reset zoom: Press Ctrl + 0.
Magnify and pan around the screen
You can zoom in on parts of your screen, like you're using a magnifying glass.
First, turn on the screen magnifier:
- Sign in to your Chromebook.
- Click your account photo.
- Click Settings .
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- In the "Accessibility" section, click Manage accessibility features.
- Turn on Enable screen magnifier.
Then you can magnify your screen:
- Zoom in: Press Ctrl + Alt, then scroll with two fingers up. You can also press Ctrl + Alt + Brightness up .
- Zoom out: Press Ctrl + Alt, then scroll with two fingers down. You can also press Ctrl + Alt + Brightness down .
- Pan the view around: Move your cursor in any direction, past the physical edges of the screen.
Mel is a Chromebook expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.