Save files to Google Drive
To keep your files safe and available to you across devices, save files directly to Google Drive instead of your Chromebook's hard drive.
To save files to Google Drive:
- Sign into your Chromebook.
- Click the status area, where your account picture appears.
- Click Settings > Show advanced settings….
- In the Downloads section, click the Change button. You’ll see a window where you can select the location to download your files.
- Select Google Drive.
- To save to an existing folder, double-click it.
- To save to a new folder, click the New folder button.
Casey is a Chromebook expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.