Fix DNS errors
If you see a DNS (Domain Name System) error, try switching to one of Google’s public name servers:
- Make sure your Chromebook is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Click your account photo.
- Click your wireless network
- Click your wireless network name.
- Click the Network tab.
- Click the button to select Google name servers.
Optional: If you have another server you'd prefer to use, you can choose Custom name servers and enter your DNS server address.
- Click Close.
Mel is a Chromebook expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.