You can use the camera on your Chromebook to take photos or videos, or edit and print photos.
Take a photo or video with your Chromebook
- In the corner of your screen, select the Launcher .
- Open Camera . Then, on the right side, choose an option:
- Select Photo Take photo .
- Select Video Start recording .
- Select Square Take photo .
Change how photos or videos are captured
- Change your settings: Select Settings . Change the size of the grid, the length of the timer, or the camera resolution.
- Flip your photo from left to right: Select Mirroring .
- Use gridlines to straighten photos: Select Grid .
- Switch between cameras: At the left, select Switch camera .
- Tip: You can only switch cameras if you plug in an external camera or your Chromebook has 2 built-in cameras.
- Take photos with a timer: Select Timer .
- Take photos with the volume buttons: When your Chromebook is in tablet mode, you can press the up or down volume button to take a photo. Learn more about tablet mode.
- Take a photo while you record a video: While you record a video, select Take video snapshot .
- Pause a recording: You can pause a recording, and continue recording on the same video later.
- Important: When you pause a video recording, your Chromebook will save the video unless you delete it.
Find or save your photos or videos
- Find your photos and videos: In the Camera app , on the bottom right, select your most recent photo or video.
- Find new photos and videos: In Files , select My files Camera. Older photos and videos may be found in the "Downloads" folder. Learn how to store your downloaded files.
Edit, delete, or print your photos
- Select the photo you want to edit.
- Tip: In the Camera app , on the bottom right, you can select your most recent photo or video.
- Choose an option:
- Rename a photo: At the top left, select the filename. To save the new name, press Enter.
- Crop or rotate your photo: At the top, select Crop & rotate .
- Change your photo’s width and height: At the top, select Rescale .
- Adjust contrast or brightness: At the top, select Lighting filters .
- Undo or redo changes: Select Undo or Redo .
- Delete a photo: At the top, select Delete .
- Print a photo: At the top right, select More Print.