Take a photo or video with your Chromebook
If you haven’t yet, sign in to your Chromebook.
- In the corner of your screen, select the Launcher Up arrow .
- Select Camera . Then, choose an option:
- Take a photo .
- Record a video Start recording .
You can also:
- Take photos with a timer: Select Timer .
- Switch between cameras: Select Switch camera . You can only switch cameras if your Chromebook has 2 built-in cameras.
- Use gridlines to straighten photos: Select Grid .
- Change settings: Select Settings . Change the length of time on the timer or the size of the grid.
See or save your photos and videos
- See all photos and videos you’ve taken: In the bottom right corner of the Camera , select the thumbnail of your most recent photo or video. To see the photo or video larger, double-click it.
- Save photos or videos: Photos and videos taken with the Camera can be found in the Downloads folder of your Files . Learn how to store your downloaded files.
- Note: For your photos to automatically be stored in your Files , your Chromebook must run Chrome OS version 69 and up. Learn how to update your Chromebook’s operating system.
Print or delete your photos and videos
- Print photo: Select Print .
- Delete photo or video: Select Delete .
Was this helpful?
How can we improve it?