About Google Keep for Chrome
Google Keep is a simple way to take notes across all your devices. You can create text, image, and audio notes, and build easy-to-manage lists.
- Convenient: Take quick notes while you’re browsing.
- Works offline: Keep taking notes even when you’re not connected to the web.
To use the app, open a new tab and click the Keep icon. If you already have the app installed, you can click on the Keep icon in the apps list.
Here are some tips for using the app:
- Create a new note. You can create as many notes as you’d like. To start a new note, click the pencil icon at the top of the screen.
- Create a new list. Click the list icon while creating a new note.
- Use the app in a tab to get more writing space. Click the arrow button in the upper right-hand corner to place the app into a tab. To change the app back into a panel, click the arrow button again.
- Bookmark important notes. Click the star icon to bookmark a note.
- Delete old notes. Remove notes from your list of notes by clicking the trash can icon.
Access the list of shortcuts by typing a question mark on your keyboard:
|j/k||Navigate to next/previous note/list|
|c||Compose a new note|
|?||Open keyboard shortcut help|
|Ctrl+g||Toggle between list and grid view|
|Ctrl+Enter||Save the current note and create a new one|