Use the Chromebook touchscreen
If your Chromebook has a touchscreen, here are some things you can do with it:
- Click: Tap the screen on the area you want to click.
- Right click: Tap with two fingers, or touch and hold the area you want to right-click.
- Scroll, swipe, or drag: To scroll quickly or go backward or forward in your browser history, swipe one finger from one side of a web page to the other.
- Hide or show your shelf: Swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- Zoom in or out: Touch and hold an area with two fingers at once, then spread them apart (to zoom in) or pinch them together (to zoom out). Works only on some web pages.
Fix touchscreen problems
If your touchscreen isn't working, try these steps. Test after each step to see if your touchscreen is working.
- Wipe off any dust or dirt on your touchscreen.
- Reset your Chromebook hardware.
- Reset your Chromebook to factory settings.
If these steps don't fix the problem, contact your Chromebook manufacturer.
Mel is a Chromebook expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.