When you buy a new Chromebook, you can also get some free trials and other special offers. If you try to redeem an offer and have problems, try these steps.
Note: If you’re using your Chromebook at work or school, you might not be able to redeem some offers. For more help, contact your administrator.
Step 1: Check if you’re eligible
First, make sure all of the following applies to you:
- You’re on a Chromebook with Chrome OS versions 86 and up. Learn more about how to update your Chromebook’s operating system.
- You’ve never redeemed the offer before. You can redeem each offer once per Chromebook, or once per Google Account, depending on the offer.
Next, check which offers you’re eligible for:
- Open the Chromebook offers page.
- Next to the offer you want, click Get perk.
- Read the offer terms and conditions, which will explain if you’re eligible or not.
Step 2: Check if your Chromebook is working properly
Make sure that:
- You’re signed in to your Chromebook (you can’t redeem offers in incognito or guest mode)
- Your Chromebook is connected to the Internet
Step 3: Fix a problemMy Chromebook is brand new, but won’t let me redeem an offer
Try these troubleshooting steps:
- Sometimes, our redemption server goes down temporarily. Wait a few hours, then try to redeem the offer again.
- If you’re using an external monitor, unplug it from your Chromebook, then try to redeem the offer.
- If you’re trying to redeem an offer on a Chromebook Pixel, reset your screen resolution by pressing Ctrl + Shift + 0.
- Sometimes, certain Chrome extensions can block an offer. Turn off any extensions you have on, then try to redeem the offer. Learn how to turn off Chrome extensions.
If you try these steps but still can’t redeem the offer, contact us.
You might see one of these error messages:
- "You can only redeem this offer once per device, and it has already been redeemed": This means that someone has already redeemed the offer on your Chromebook.
- "The offer has already been redeemed by your Google Account" or "[Your email address] already has unlimited storage": These messages can mean that your Google Account isn't eligible for the offer, you already redeemed the offer on this Chromebook, or the offer was redeemed on a different Chromebook with the same Google Account. You can’t redeem the offer again using this account.
If you’re seeing one of these messages and you don’t think it applies to you, contact us.
Your new Drive storage can take up to 10 minutes to appear. Then you’ll see your new storage space at drive.google.com/settings.
Sorry, that’s not allowed. The offer is credited to the Google Account you were using when you redeemed it.