Get special offers for your Chromebook
Chromebooks come with some great freebies that you can redeem to get more out of your new device.
See which offers are available
To see which offers are available, check the Chromebook Goodies page.
For full offer details, read the terms and conditions.
Redeem an offer
To redeem an offer:
- On your Chromebook, go to chromebook.com/goodies.
- Follow the instructions to redeem the offer.
Fix problems redeeming offers
First, do these quick checks:
First, make sure all of the following applies to you:
- Your Chromebook is brand new. Used, refurbished, open-box, and pre-owned Chromebooks aren't eligible for offers.
- You've never redeemed the offer before.
- You can redeem each offer once per Chromebook, or once per Google Account. For more info, read the terms and conditions.
Next, check which offers you're eligible for:
- Sign in to your Chromebook.
- Go to the Chromebook Goodies page. You'll see which offers are available, and which you can redeem.
You must redeem your offers within 180 days after the first account was created on the Chromebook.
Here's the fine print:
If the first day you signed in to your Chromebook was after August 1, 2014, you have 180 days (following that first day) to redeem the offers.
If the first day you signed in to your Chromebook was before August 1, 2014, you have 60 days (following that first day) to redeem the offers.
If you don't claim the offers within these time limits, the offers expire.
Note: The 60-day window does not apply to these Chromebooks:
- Acer AC700
- Acer Chromebook C710
- Chromebook Pixel
- HP Pavilion 14 Chromebook
- Lenovo Thinkpad X131e Chromebook
- Samsung Chromebook
- Samsung Chromebook Series 3
- Samsung Chromebook Series 5 550
Next, choose the option that applies to you:
If you see this message, someone has already redeemed the offer on your Chromebook.
These messages mean that your Google Account has already redeemed the offer, or the offer was redeemed on a different Chromebook with the same Google Account.
Try these troubleshooting steps:
- Sometimes, our redemption server goes down temporarily. Wait a few hours, then try to redeem the offer again.
- If you're using an external monitor, unplug it from your Chromebook, then try to redeem the offer.
- Reset your screen resolution by pressing Ctrl + Shift + 0.
If you try these steps but still can't redeem the offer, contact us.
Sorry, that's not allowed. The offer is credited to the Google Account you were using when you redeemed it.
Special notes for Google for Work users
If you use your Chromebook at work (and your workplace uses Google for Work apps and services), you might be able to redeem these offers. Check out these frequently-asked questions:
For the Drive storage offer, can I transfer the storage to other people at my organization, or pool the storage?
No. The offers can be redeemed once per machine or once per Google Account, whichever comes first.
Individual Storage is turned off in my Google Apps Control Panel. Can I still redeem the Google Drive offer?
Docs and Drive are turned off in my Google Apps Control Panel. Can I still redeem the Google Drive offer?
These offers are consumer offers, and therefore are available to any Google Account on the Chromebook. However, you can create some restrictions. Check out these frequently asked questions:
Our organization bought several Chromebooks recently. Why are those devices not eligible for all offers?
Some Chromebooks can't get offers because they were built before some offers were available. The offer redemption tool is built in to the hardware, and it can't be added after a device is built.
Since our organization paid for the devices, how can we make sure that people don't sign in with their personal Gmail accounts and redeem an offer for personal use?
If you want to make sure that people at your organization can only redeem the offer with your domain accounts, make sure to:
- Enroll all your devices to your domain
- Use a whitelist so people can't sign in to a Chromebook with their personal accounts
How can I prevent people in my domain from redeeming the Google Drive offer?
You'll need to turn off Google Drive for your domain.
But keep in mind:
- This offer does not change the Drive feature set.
- People who redeem the offer get more storage at no additional cost.
- After two years, all your files will remain in Drive and you can use them whenever you want at no additional charge. You won't be able to add more files until you buy more storage at www.google.com/settings/storage.
I'm having problems redeeming an offer. Who should I contact?
First, try the troubleshooting steps on this page. If you need more help, contact the Chromebook consumer support team.
If you have problems with Chrome OS or Google Drive that aren't related to offer issues, report those issues to the Google for Work team.
Casey is a Chromebook expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.