Uninstall apps or extensions
If you find that you no longer need a particular app or extension, you can easily remove it from your Chromebook.
- Click the launcher at the bottom of the screen.
- Find your app in the list and right-click (click with two fingers on a Chromebook) its icon.
- Select Remove from Chrome.
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Tools.
- Select Extensions.
- On the Extensions page that appears, click the trash can icon for the extension you’d like to remove.
If your extension appears as a button on the browser toolbar, you can also right-click (or click with two fingers on a Chromebook) its icon and select Remove from Chrome.
You can also temporarily disable the extension, instead of removing it altogether. On the Extensions page, deselect the “Enabled” checkbox for the extension.
Arneil is a Chromebook expert and author of this help page. Help him improve this article by leaving feedback below.