Change pointer and touchpad
You can set how fast or slow your mouse pointer moves and how your touchpad works. To change your mouse pointer and touchpad, follow the steps below:
- If you haven’t already, sign in to your Chromebook.
- Click the status area, where your account picture appears.
- Select Settings and find the "Device" section.
- You can adjust the following:
- Pointer speed: Move the slider to set how quickly your pointer moves.
- Tap-to-click: By default, you can tap the touchpad to click items on the screen. To turn this off, uncheck the box next to "Enable tap-to-click."
- Australian scrolling: If you want the screen to scroll up when you swipe down on your touchpad, select "Australian scrolling."
- Swap primary mouse button: To switch the left and right buttons of your mouse, check the box next to "Swap primary mouse button."
- Click OK.
Arneil is a Chromebook expert and author of this help page. Help him improve this article by leaving feedback below.