If the Verizon Wireless network is already activated on your Chromebook, you'll need to cancel the current Verizon Wireless account and reset the modem before you can associate it with a new account.
Step 1: Cancel your Verizon Wireless account
- At the bottom right, select the time.
- Select Settings .
- In the 'Network' section, select Mobile data.
- At the top, select View account.
- Sign in to your Verizon Wireless account.
- Follow the steps to cancel your Verizon Wireless account.
If you have issues cancelling your Verizon Wireless account, please call Verizon at 1-800-786-8419 and ask the support representative to take the following actions:
- Cancel your account
- Disconnect the modem
To contact the appropriate support team, press # on your phone and select option 2. You'll need to provide the answer to your security question and the account security code that you set when you first activated your Verizon Wireless account.
Step 2: Reset the modem
Important: Make sure that you call Verizon to disconnect your modem before you follow the steps below.
- Press Ctrl + Alt + t to open a terminal window.
- Enter the following command:
- When the default prompt is displayed, you'll see the message
SPC 000000. Enter this command:
- A confirmation message will appear. Enter
exitto exit the terminal window.
- Restart your Chromebook.
If you get a message indicating that the process timed out, restart and try again.
Step 3: Re-activate the Verizon Wireless network
You should now be able to set up a new account to activate Verizon Wireless. Find out how to activate Verizon Wireless on your Chromebook.