Transfer Verizon Wireless to another account
If the Verizon Wireless network is already activated on your Chromebook, you'll need to cancel the current Verizon Wireless account and reset the modem before you can associate it with a new account.
Step 1: Cancel your Verizon Wireless account
- Click your account photo.
- Click Settings .
- In the "Network" section, click Mobile.
- At the top, click View account.
- Sign in to your Verizon Wireless account.
- Follow the steps to cancel your Verizon Wireless account.
If you have issues canceling your Verizon Wireless account, please call Verizon at 1-800-786-8419 and ask the support representative to take the following actions:
- Cancel your account
- Disconnect the modem
To reach the appropriate support team, press # on your phone and select option 2. You'll need to provide the answer to your security question and the account security code you set when you first activated your Verizon Wireless account.
Step 2: Reset the modem
Important: Make sure to call Verizon to disconnect your modem before you follow the steps below.
- Press Ctrl + Alt + t to open a terminal window.
- Enter the following command:
- When the default prompt is displayed, you'll see the message
SPC 000000. Enter this command:
- A confirmation message will appear. Enter
exitto exit the terminal window.
- Restart your Chromebook.
If you get a message indicating that the process timed out, start over and try again.
Step 3: Re-activate the Verizon Wireless network
You should now be able to set up a new account to activate Verizon Wireless. Learn how to activate Verizon Wireless on your Chromebook.
Casey is a Chromebook expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.