Play music on your Chromebook
You can play music files and videos on your Chromebook or through the web. iTunes doesn't work on Chromebooks, but you can add music from iTunes to your Google Play Music library.
Play saved music files
- Sign in to your Chromebook.
- Click the Launcher .
- Search Files and click Files .
- Select the folder that contains your music files.
- Double-click a music file to open it in the media player.
- To play or pause a file, click Play or Pause .
Shuffle, skip, or repeat songs
After you've opened a file in the media player, you can use the following controls:
- To see your whole playlist, click Playlist . (Your Chromebook will automatically put all your audio files that are in the same folder in a playlist.)
- To shuffle music, click Shuffle .
- To skip backward or forward, click Previous or Next .
- To repeat the playlist, click Repeat .
- To repeat a song immediately, double-click Repeat and you’ll see Repeat Song .
Store your music collection
You can store up to 50,000 songs and create playlists in Google Play Music.
- Go to Google Play Music.
- Sign in with your Google Account.
- Add your personal musical collection, including iTunes music, to Google Play Music. Learn how to add music.
Listen to music on the web
You can listen to music on the web with several streaming service options.
- Learn how to listen to radio with Google Play Music.
- Stream music on websites such as Spotify and Pandora.
Casey is a Chromebook expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.