Play music on your Chromebook
You can play music files and videos on your Chromebook or through the web. iTunes doesn't work on Chromebooks, but you can add music from iTunes to your Google Play Music library.
Play saved music files
- Sign in to your Chromebook.
- In the corner of your screen, select the Launcher Up arrow .
- Open Files .
- Find your music files.
- Double-click a music file. It will open in the media player.
Shuffle or repeat songs
After you've opened a file in the media player, you can use the following controls:
- To see your whole playlist, select Playlist (All your audio files that are in the same folder make a playlist.)
- To shuffle music, select Shuffle .
- To repeat the playlist, select Repeat .
- To repeat a song immediately, double-click Repeat and you’ll see Repeat Song .
Tip: If you play a song from the web or one of your music apps, like Google Play Music, you'll see a media player notification where you can control playback.
Store your music collection
You can store up to 50,000 songs and create playlists in Google Play Music.
- Go to Google Play Music.
- Sign in with your Google Account.
- Add your personal musical collection, including iTunes music, to Google Play Music. Learn how to add music.
Listen to music on the web
- Learn how to listen to radio with Google Play Music.
- Stream music on websites such as Spotify and Pandora.