You can play music files and videos on your Chromebook or through the web.
Play saved music files
- Sign in to your Chromebook.
- In the corner of your screen, select the Launcher Up arrow .
- Open Files .
- Find your music files.
- Double-click a music file. It will open in the media player.
Shuffle or repeat songs
After you've opened a file in the media player, you can use the following controls:
- To see your whole playlist, select Playlist (All your audio files that are in the same folder make a playlist.)
- To shuffle music, select Shuffle .
- To repeat the playlist, select Repeat .
- To repeat a song immediately, double-click Repeat and you’ll see Repeat Song .
Tip: If you play a song from the web or one of your music apps, like YouTube Music, you'll see a media player notification where you can control playback.
Get started with YouTube Music
- At the bottom left of your screen, select Launcher Up arrow .
- Select the YouTube Music app .
Tip: If the "YouTube Music" app doesn’t appear, download it from the Google Play store.