You can play music files and videos on your Chromebook or through the web.
Play saved music files
- Sign in to your Chromebook.
- In the corner of your screen, select the Launcher .
- Open Files .
- Find your music files.
- Select one or more music files and click Open. The music files show as a playlist in the Gallery app.
Pause, play, or skip music with quick settings
If you play a song from the web or from a music app, like YouTube Music, you can use quick settings to pause, play, or skip tracks.
- At the bottom right of your screen, select the time.
- From the menu, use the controls to pause, play, or skip tracks.
Tip: To get quick access to controls, pin this feature. When pinned, to open controls, select the Music icon.
Get started with YouTube Music
- At the bottom left of your screen, select Launcher .
- Select the YouTube Music app .
Tip: If the "YouTube Music" app doesn’t appear, download it from the Google Play store.