Change your web proxy settings
If your Chromebook takes a long time to open a webpage, your browser might be using a web proxy. To fix the problem, you can change your proxy settings.
Before you change your settings
- Changing your proxy settings might break your connection to the web. Only follow these steps if your Chromebook can't connect to the Internet, and you're sure it needs a proxy to do so.
- If you're not sure what settings to use, contact your network administrator.
- Proxies that need to be authenticated don't work with Chromebooks.
Change your proxy settings
- Click the status area, where your account picture appears.
- Click Settings.
- In the "Internet connection" section, check the box for Allow proxies for shared networks.
- When you check this box, all profiles on your Chromebook will use the same proxy settings that you set for the network.
- In the box that appears, click the Proxy tab.
- Choose your proxy settings.
Arneil is a Chromebook expert and author of this help page. Help him improve this article by leaving feedback below.