Set the date and time
Your Chromebook automatically sets the time when you're connected to the web.
To change your date and time preferences:
- Sign in to your Chromebook.
- Click your account photo.
- Click Settings .
- Scroll down and click Advanced.
- In the "Date and time" section:
- To manually choose your time zone, click Time zone Choose from list Down arrow .
- To switch to a 24-hour clock, turn on Use 24-hour clock.
- Optional: For higher accuracy or if you use a virtual private network, you can let your Chromebook use Wi-Fi or data networks to find your location. Click Time zone Set automatically Down arrow Set automatically using your accurate location.
How your Chromebook finds your location
Your Chromebook uses your IP address to find your approximate location. Your Chromebook sends that info to Google Location Services to estimate your time zone. If you choose "Set automatically using your accurate location," your Chromebook also sends info about nearby Wi-Fi or data networks (if your Chromebook has a data plan). This info helps your Chromebook find your location more accurately.
Mel is a Chromebook expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.