Set the date and time
Your Chromebook automatically sets the time when you're connected to the web.
To change your date and time preferences:
- Sign in to your Chromebook.
- At the bottom right, select the time.
- Select Settings .
- Scroll down and select Advanced.
- In the "Date and time" section:
- To manually choose your time zone, select Time zone Choose from list Down arrow .
- To switch to a 24-hour clock, turn on Use 24-hour clock.
- Optional: For higher accuracy or if you use a virtual private network, you can let your Chromebook use Wi-Fi or data networks to find your location. Select Time zone Set automatically Down arrow Use Wi-Fi or mobile networks to determine location.
How your Chromebook finds your location
Your Chromebook uses your IP address to find your approximate location. Your Chromebook sends that info to Google Location Services to estimate your time zone. If you choose "Use Wi-Fi or mobile networks to determine location," your Chromebook also sends info about nearby Wi-Fi or data networks (if your Chromebook has a data plan). This info helps your Chromebook find your location more accurately.