You can open and make basic edits to photos you’ve saved on your Chromebook.
Open a photo or video with the Gallery app
- Sign in to your Chromebook.
- In the corner of your screen, select the Launcher .
- Open Files .
- Find the photo or video you want to open. It might be saved in:
- "My Drive"
- Double-click the photo or video.
Edit, delete, or print your photos
- Select the photo you want to edit.
- In the Camera app , on the bottom right, you can select your most recent photo or video.
- Choose an option:
- Rename a photo: At the top left, select the filename. To save the new name, press Enter.
- Crop or rotate your photo: At the top, select Crop & rotate .
- Change your photo’s width and height: At the top, select Rescale .
- Adjust contrast or brightness: At the top, select Lighting filters .
- Undo or redo changes: Select Undo or Redo .
- Delete a photo: At the top, select Delete .
- Print a photo: At the top right, select More Print.
Tip: To edit your video, at the top right, select Edit in Photos to open in the Photos app. WebM video file types cannot be edited with Google Photos. Or, to continue editing your photo with more advanced features, on the right, select More tools in Photos.