Change background wallpaper
You can personalize your Chromebook with a custom wallpaper for your desktop.
Note: If you use your Chromebook at work or school, your administrator might not let you change your wallpaper. If you can't change your wallpaper, contact your administrator for more help.
Choose background wallpaper
Use wallpaper from Chromebook
- Right-click your desktop and select Set wallpaper.
- Click one of the images to set your wallpaper. You can also get a randomly selected image by checking the box next to Surprise me.
Use a custom wallpaper
- If you haven't yet, download an image (.png or .jpg) from the web that you’d like as your wallpaper.
- Click the Launcher Up arrow .
- Select Files .
- In the left column, click Downloads.
- Right-click the image you want as your wallpaper, then click Set wallpaper.
Use the same wallpaper across multiple Chromebooks
- Click your account photo.
- Click Settings .
- In the "People" section, click Sync.
- Choose what you'd like to sync. To use all the same settings (including wallpaper) on every Chromebook you sign in to, turn on Sync everything.
If you're having trouble setting your wallpaper, make sure the image is in a supported format (.png or .jpg).
If you use your Chromebook at work or school, your administrator might not let you change your wallpaper. If you can't change your wallpaper, contact your administrator for more help.
Casey is a Chromebook expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.