Change background wallpaper
You can personalize your Chromebook with a custom wallpaper for your desktop.
Note: If you use your Chromebook at work or school, your administrator might not let you change your wallpaper. If you try to change your wallpaper and can't, contact your administrator for more help.
Choose background wallpaper
Use wallpaper from Chromebook
- Right-click your desktop and select Set wallpaper.
- Click one of the images to set your wallpaper. You can also get a randomly selected image by checking the box next to Surprise me.
Use a custom wallpaper
- If you haven't yet, download an image from the web that you’d like as your wallpaper. The image can be a .jpg or .png file.
- Click the Launcher All Apps.
- Select Files .
- In the left column, click Downloads.
- Right-click the image you want as your wallpaper, then click Set wallpaper.
Use the same wallpaper across multiple Chromebooks
- On your Chromebook, click the status area, where your account picture appears.
- Click Settings .
- In the "People" section, click Advanced sync settings.
- In the box that opens, click the drop-down menu.
- To use all the same settings (including wallpaper) on every Chromebook you sign in to, choose Sync everything.
- To use only some of the same settings, choose Choose what to sync. Then check the box for Themes & wallpapers.
- Click OK.
If you're having trouble setting your wallpaper, make sure the image is in a supported format (.png or .jpg).
If you use your Chromebook at work or school, your administrator might not let you change the wallpaper. For more information, contact your administrator.
Casey is a Chromebook expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.