Monitor how much mobile data you use
If you have a Chromebook with a mobile data plan, you can check how much data you've used. If you're using a SIM card, you can even control how much data is used by locking your SIM card with a PIN.
See how much data you have remaining
If you're using Verizon Wireless in the U.S., go to your Verizon Wireless account to see the estimated amount of data you have remaining for the month.
Here are the steps to access your Verizon account:
- Click the status area, where your account picture appears.
- Select Settings .
- In the "Internet connection" section, click Mobile data.
- Select Network options (you'll only see this option if Verizon is activated).
- In the box that appears, click View account.
- Log in to your Verizon Wireless account.
Lock your SIM card
If you're using a SIM card with your Chromebook, you can lock the card at any time to prevent others from accidentally using up your mobile data. Follow these steps to lock your card or change its personal identification number (PIN):
- In the lower-right corner of the screen, click Wi-Fi .
- Make sure you're connected to the mobile network. Once you're connected, click its name in the network menu.
- In the box that appears, click the Security tab.
- Select the "Lock SIM card" checkbox to require a PIN. To set a custom PIN, select Change PIN.
The next time you connect to the mobile network, you’ll need to provide the PIN. Some SIM cards also ask for a PIN provided by your mobile carrier on first use.
If you forget the PIN, or if you see a message asking for a PIN Unlocking Code, contact your mobile carrier. If you enter the wrong Unlocking Code twice, the SIM card will be disabled.
Get more help
If you have more questions about your mobile data, contact your mobile carrier.
Casey is a Chromebook expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.