Browse as a guest
You can share your Chromebook with friends and family and keep your account information secure by having people use guest browsing.
To start a guest browsing session, select Browse as Guest from the shelf. Guest users can visit websites and download files, but they can’t install apps.
To end a guest browsing session, select Exit guest (or use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+Q). Your browsing data won’t be saved, but some websites may still have records of your visit.
Turn off guest browsing
If you don't want others to use guest browsing, you can turn it off by following the steps below:
- Sign in to the Chromebook.
- Click the status area in the lower-right corner, where your picture appears.
- Select Settings and find the "Users" section.
- Click Manage other users.
- Check or uncheck the "Enable guest browsing" checkbox to control the feature.
Using a Chromebook at work or school? Your network administrator might disable guest browsing, in which case you won't be able to use this feature. Learn about using a managed Chromebook.
Discuss with other Chromies in Chromebook Central.