You can choose to get suggestions for new apps and web content in various places on your Chromebook, like in the Launcher or search results.
Types of suggestions
When you turn on content recommendations, you may get suggestions for:
- New apps to install
- Websites and articles, like suggestions to read a newspaper article
- Web content available on apps or the web, like suggestions to watch a film on Netflix
Turn on content recommendations
- At the bottom right, select the time.
- Select Settings .
- On the left panel, select Advanced Privacy and security.
- Under "Privacy and security," turn on Suggest new content to explore.
Important: If you use your Chromebook at work or school and don't have "Suggest new content to explore," your administrator may have turned it off. Only your administrator can turn it back on. For more help, contact your administrator.
Common questionsHow is my data used to provide these suggestions?
We use data stored locally on your device and also from your Web and App Activity.Does my usage data help to improve these suggestions?
We’ll continue to improve the usefulness of web content recommendations over time. One way we can improve is to learn what content you select.