You can join or make video calls to your family and friends on your Chromebook.
For a better video conferencing experience
- Update your Chromebook to the latest operating system. Download the latest version on your Chromebook.
- Close browser tabs and apps that you're not using.
- Use only one monitor. Two or more monitors can increase CPU/GPU load.
- Use a well-lit room. Be aware that too much light can wash out faces and not enough light can cause shadows.
You can start face-to-face video calls with Google Meet from your Calendar, Gmail, Microsoft Outlook or the web browser.
To chat with Duo, you must install the app and verify your phone number.
To download the Zoom app on your Chromebook:
- In the Chrome Web Store, go to the Zoom app.
- At the top right, click Add to Chrome.
- In the box that appears, click Add app. You can find the app in your Launcher.