The Chrome App Launcher is a window where you can quickly access all of your Chrome apps right from your desktop. You can open App Launcher from your Taskbar (Windows) or Dock (Mac).
Install App Launcher
App Launcher installs automatically when you add an app from the "For Your Desktop" collection of the Chrome Web Store. Here’s how it works:
- Go to the For Your Desktop section of the Chrome Web Store.
- Add an app by clicking the Free or Buy for [price] button.
- Look in your taskbar (Windows) or Dock (Mac) to find App Launcher .
Organize your apps
To move an app icon from one place to another in App Launcher, just click and drag it to where you want to place it.
Add more apps
To get more apps, click the button to go to the Chrome Web Store. When you add an app, it automatically appears in your App Launcher.
Remove an app
To remove an app from App Launcher, do the following:
- Right-click (Control-click on a Mac) the app icon.
- Select Remove from Chrome.
Search for an app
To quickly find an app in App Launcher, type its name in the search box. You can also use the search box to look for more apps in the Chrome Web Store and for regular Google searches.
If you share a computer with other people, each person who signs in to Chrome with their own account will see their own App Launcher. To switch users, follow these steps:
- Click the Chrome menu in the App Launcher.
- Click Settings.
- Select Users.
- Select a new user.
- Click Switch user.
Remove App Launcher
If you no longer want App Launcher in your Taskbar or Dock, here’s how to remove it.
- In the Taskbar, right-click the App Launcher.
- Click Unpin this program from taskbar.
- App Launcher will no longer show up in the taskbar.
- On the Dock, click and drag the App Launcher icon to the Trash.
- App Launcher will no longer show up in the Dock.
- Right-click the App Launcher icon.
- Unpin or remove the icon from your system's launcher or panel.
More information about App LauncherI don't see the launcher any more, how do I get it back?
- Click the Start menu.
- Select All programs.
- Select Google Chrome.
- Right-click the App Launcher.
- Click Pin to Taskbar.
- Go to Finder and type "App Launcher" in the search box. You can also use the Spotlight search box at the top right of your screen.
- Drag the App Launcher icon to your Dock.
- Search your computer for "Chrome App Launcher."
- Pin it to your system's launcher or panel for easy access.
- Apps that use your Google Account, like Gmail, Google Docs, and Google Drive
- All your bookmarks, history, and other settings no matter what computer you’re using