How to open an app
Once you add apps from the Chrome Web Store, there are a few ways to open them:Open an app in a new tab
- In a new tab, open chrome://apps.
- Click the app you want to open.
Right-click an app to open it in a regular or pinned tab, full screen, or new window.
An app can be opened in another browser if the URL starts with "http://". To open the app, follow these steps:
- Open the app and confirm the URL
- Copy and paste it into the address bar of another browser to open.
The Chrome App Launcher is a window where you can access all of your Chrome apps right from your desktop.
You can use the app launcher to:
- Organize your apps by dragging the app.
- Add or remove apps.
- Search for an app when you type its name in the search box.
App Launcher installs automatically when you add a Chrome app for the first time. Here's how it works:
- On the left of Chrome Web Store, select Chrome Apps.
- Select an app and click Free or Buy to install.
- In your taskbar (Windows) or dock (Mac), look for App Launcher .
Note: On Chrome OS, the app launcher is enabled by default.
If you don't see App Launcher in your taskbar (Windows) or dock (Mac), here's how to find it:
- Click the Start menu.
- Select All programs > Google Chrome.
- Right-click the App Launcher .
- Click Pin to Taskbar.
- Go to Finder and type "App Launcher" in the search box.
- Drag the App Launcher to your Dock.
- Search your computer for "Chrome App Launcher."
- Pin it to your system's launcher or panel.