Fix problems with apps, extensions, or themes
If you're having problems with your apps, extensions, and themes, try these steps.
If you can't install an app
- Make sure you're in Chrome, or using a Chromebook. Apps from the Chrome Web Store will only install in Chrome. Learn how to download Chrome.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Chrome. Learn how to update Chrome.
- Some apps only work on Chromebooks. If you're not on a Chromebook, make sure you're not downloading an app that's only for Chromebooks.
- If you are using a work or school computer, your administrator might not let you install items from the Chrome Web Store. For more help, contact your administrator.
If you don't see all your apps, extensions, and themes in Chrome
You'll need to sign in to the same account in Chrome and the Chrome Web Store. Here's how:
- In Chrome, at the top right, click Menu Settings.
- Under "People," you'll see the email address used to sign in to Chrome.
- Go to the Chrome Web Store.
- On the top-right, click your email address.
- Click Sign in with another account.
- Sign in with the same Google Account you use in Chrome.
If you need help with something you bought with Google Payments
- Go to Google Payments.
- Click Subscriptions and services View purchases.
- Click a purchase.
- On the bottom right, click the contact link.
Get more help
Contact the developer of the app, extension, or theme:
- Open the Chrome Web Store.
- At the top right, click Settings Your Apps.
- Click the app, extension, or theme.
- In the box that appears, at the top, click Support.
- Fill out the form, or click the link to go to the developer's website.
Mel is a Chrome Web Store expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.