Alert about conflicting accounts
You see a "Heads up!" alert in the Chrome Web Store if you're signed in to the Chrome Web Store with a Google Account that's different from the account being used to sync settings and preferences on the Google Chrome browser. There's a chance that your apps might not sync to the account that you're using in the store.
To make sure that you can access your app in the future, we strongly recommend that you take one of the following actions:
Option 1: Sign in to the Chrome Web Store with a different account.
Sign in to the store with the same Google Account being used to sync your browser settings. Here’s how:
- In the Chrome Web Store, click your email address, located at the top right-hand corner of the page.
- In the menu that appears, select Sign out.
- Now click Sign in.
- Sign in with the Google Account that you're using to sync your browser settings.
Not sure which account you're using for browser sync? Click the spanner icon in the browser toolbar and select Options (Preferences on Mac and Linux) > Personal Stuff. The account in use is listed in the "Sync" section of the page.
Option 2: Change the account being used to sync your browser settings.
- Click the spanner icon in the browser toolbar.
- Select Options (Preferences on Mac and Linux).
- Click the Personal Stuff tab.
- In the "Sync" section, click Stop syncing this account.
- In the confirmation dialogue that appears, click Stop syncing.
- Click Set up sync.
- Sign in with the Google Account that you're using to sign in to the Chrome Web Store.
- Choose the items that you'd like to sync and click OK.