Open an app
This article applies to Google Chrome on Windows, Mac, Linux, and Chrome OS.
Once you add apps from the Chrome Web Store, there are a few ways to open them:
Open an app from the Apps Shortcut in the bookmarks bar
- Click the Apps icon in the bookmarks bar. If you don't see the Apps icon, right-click the bookmarks bar and click Show Apps Shortcut.
- Click the app you want to open.
You can control how an app opens--in a regular tab, a pinned tab, or full screen:
- Right-click an app icon
- Choose "Open as a regular tab," "Open as a pinned tab," or "Open in full-screen."
Open apps in other browsers
You can use many apps in browsers other than Chrome. To check if you can use an app in another browser, open the app and look at the URL in the address bar.
- If the URL starts with "chrome://", the app can’t be used outside of Google Chrome. It needs certain Google Chrome features and permissions to work properly.
- If the URL starts with "http://", the app can be used in any browser. To open the app in another browser, copy the URL and paste it into the address bar of another browser.