You can install apps on your Chromebook from the Chrome Web Store. Once you've installed them, you can keep track of what you've installed and remove an app if you want to.
Important: Apps in the Chrome Web Store are only supported on Chromebooks, and won't work after December 2022 on Windows, Mac, or Linux.
Install and uninstall apps
You can use your phone to remotely install apps at no charge to your desktop computer:
- Sign in to Chrome.
- In Chrome, find the app you want.
- Tap Add to Desktop.
- In the new window, tap Add to Desktop.
The next time you open Chrome on your computer, you’ll see an alert that an app was installed remotely. In some cases, you’ll also see the permissions the app needs. To grant permissions and use the app, click Enable app.
- On the developer's website, click Add to Chrome to install the app.
- Review and accept permissions.
- Open a new tab to complete installation.
To remove an app from Chrome:
- At the bottom left of your Chromebook screen, click the Launcher .
- Right-click the app you want to remove.
- Select Uninstall.