The Google Chrome Web Store offers a wide selection of useful apps, extensions and browser themes that you can add to Google Chrome. Here are a few ways to maximise your use of Chrome Web Store.
Important: Apps in the Chrome Web Store are only supported on Chromebooks, and won't work after December 2022 on Windows, Mac or Linux.How to browse Chrome Web Store
To browse Chrome Web Store, you can:
- Search for a specific term by entering your word or phrase in the search box in the upper-left corner of the page.
- Narrow your search by clicking the category links on the left side of the page.
- Further refine your search by applying filters (item type, features, ratings).
- To find more details like the description or related items, click the item.
- To read the reviews, click Reviews after you click through to the detail page.
You can find badge icons below the name of an extension in the Chrome Web Store.
Featured extensions follow our technical best practices and meet a high standard of user experience and design.
Before it receives a Featured badge, the Chrome Web Store team must review each extension. The team checks for adherence to CWS best practices, an intuitive user experience, and use of the latest platform APIs, among other things.
Established Publisher badge
The Established Publisher badge features publishers who are verified and demonstrates compliance with our Developer Programme Policies. This badge is granted to publishers who meet both of these conditions:
- The publisher’s identity is verified.
- The publisher has a consistent positive track record with Google services.
Tip: Publishers can’t pay to receive Chrome Web Store badges.
If you’re a publisher, learn more about Chrome Web Store badges.
You should automatically see Chrome Web Store items available in your country. To change your location or language, follow these steps:
- At the top right, click Settings .
- Click Language. Choose your language.
- Click Location. Choose your country.
You can rate or review an app, extension or theme after you have installed it.
To rate or review an item, follow these steps:
- Select the item to review.
- Click Reviews.
- Rate the item with 1-5 stars.
- Add your review in the comments box.
Guidelines for leaving a review
- Stay on the topic. Comments should be about the application that you're reviewing.
- Don't include emails or links to websites or other apps in your review.
- Don't post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post sexually explicit or profane content.
- Don't post content that's abusive, hateful, threatening or harassing.
- Don't pretend to be someone else, or say that you're associated with a person or organisation that you don't know.
- Keep it readable: don't use excessive capitalisation and punctuation.
If you see a comment that doesn't follow these guidelines, click Mark as spam or abuse next to the review.
You can also send feedback directly to the developer by following these steps:
- Select the item to review.
- Click Support.
- Fill in the form and click Publish.