/chrome/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Margins appear that shrink webpages on iOS. 1 Recommended Answer 396 Replies 2388 Upvotes
1 Update
$0 Updates
1 Recommended Answer
$0 Recommended Answers
1 Relevant Answer
$0 Relevant Answers
When I'm using Google Chrome for iOS on my iPhone 11, if I tilt the screen from portrait to landscape and back to portrait, the app shows margins on both sides that shrink any webpage I'm using. Then scrolling down causes the margin on the left to shift to the right making the webpage offset to the left. Refreshing the page by swiping up does not fix the issue, but refreshing by clicking the URL, then return will fix the issue temporarily. 
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (396)
Relevant Answer
I have been having this problem for days and it’s annoying the hell out of me! I need answers too.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same, please fix
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Yes me too. Please fix
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Yes! This is awful we need a fix!!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This just started for me to. Wth
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same 😡

Along with the spacing issues when forwarding email in the iOS/iPadOS Gmail app, Google have now stuffed the Chrome browser on Apple Devices, and seem to be in no rush to fix it.

marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Screenshot of Google Chrome margin issues on iPad. It’s the same on iPhone after Google updated their apps. Google Fix ASAp please, it’s been over a week already.

marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same. Very frustrating
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi Jeremiah, thank you very much for your request on the Google Community!
I hope this message finds you well!
Hi to all.

Thank you for all post.
Please send a detailed feedback from the Google Chrome app that is causing the issue.

Can be useful here know in that mobile device are you facing the issue, version of Android, model, version of Chrome.

Be sure Chrome and Android is updated and try to restart the device.

Best regards,
Marco | Product Expert (Directory)

🔒 Questions could be automatically closed after a period of inactivity of more than thirty days. In the event that the author is waiting for a reply, I will try to inform him about the updates.

📬The answers that concern me "are guaranteed" only to the author, in the case your comment doesn't get an answer please try to open your own question. Sometimes the answers are already present in the previous interventions of the same or on the community, performing a search. Due to the high number of questions my first answer may be late, I apologize in advance for this.

🎭 Is this reply helpful? Please consider to recommend it by log-in into the community with your author account, this will be useful for my efforts in providing help but also for readers. Thank you!
Relevant Answer
Marco, this is clearly regarding the iOS version. And I can tell you it began even before I updated to iOS 14. I hoped it would go away when I upgraded but it has not.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi, thank you very much for your updates!

I'm sorry, check if the app is updated in iOS and check also you have the latest version of iOS.

Best regards,
Marco | Product Expert (Directory)

🔒 Questions could be automatically closed after a period of inactivity of more than thirty days. In the event that the author is waiting for a reply, I will try to inform him about the updates.

📬The answers that concern me "are guaranteed" only to the author, in the case your comment doesn't get an answer please try to open your own question. Sometimes the answers are already present in the previous interventions of the same or on the community, performing a search. Due to the high number of questions my first answer may be late, I apologize in advance for this.

🎭 Is this reply helpful? Please consider to recommend it by log-in into the community with your author account, this will be useful for my efforts in providing help but also for readers. Thank you!
Relevant Answer
Marco, this is clearly regarding the iOS version. And I can tell you it began even before I updated to iOS 14. I hoped it would go away when I upgraded but it has not.

In this case I suggest to send a feedback from the app.
Try also maybe to uninstall and reinstall it and restart the phone.

Best regards,

Relevant Answer
Same on iPhone 11.  On iOS 13.7
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This is driving me crazy! It’s been like this for at least a month. iPhone 11, iOS 14. Same on iOS 13. This is a huge issue, please fix it, Google!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same here. Please fix this because safari sucks
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am experiencing the same web pages shifting to the left of center on my iPhone XS Max iOS 13.7. By deleting Chrome and reinstalling it worked for a while, then crapped out again. Extremely irritating. 
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Reinstalling chrome fixed it for half a day. Now I’m getting the shift again.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Having the same issue as well.  Guess it started like four days ago.  Very annoying.  Have to end Chrome session and get back in
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same, very annoying
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Google, please fix this. Huge "in your face" annoyance right here. Nothing small to overlook.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same here.
Google, please fix ASAP.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I got the same problem here too. This was definitely happening before iOS 14. Please fix this, it's affecting every website.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue.    Annoying.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same here! Didn’t know this a google update bug
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi

Thank you for all post.
Please send a detailed feedback from the Google Chrome app that is causing the issue.

Best regards,

Relevant Answer
I’ve never before felt compelled to report a bug, that’s how annoying this is. How hard could it be to fix, let alone acknowledge the issue?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same same same, please fix! Reinstalling doesn’t work and it keeps happening!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Please fix this!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I was testing a site I was writing I thought I had something wrong with CSS till I started trying this with other website every website did this. This was the only browser that had this issue. I have just about everyone installed on my phone for testing reasons. Lost two hours of my life because of this glitch. Please fix!!!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue, very annoying
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue here! Extremely annoying. I’ve tried re-installing and it didn’t resolve the issue.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I really hope it gets fixed soon. It’s bad enough for me to switch back to safari
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Dido. Terribly annoying bug.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue for me too :(
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Facing the same issue
Popped up after recent updates. Pls fix asap!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi,
I'm sorry to see different users are experiencing issue with Google Chrome on iOS.

In a previous reply (that I flagged as suggested reply to be showed on top of the page) I suggested the following:

Please send a detailed feedback from the Google Chrome app that is causing the issue.

I see different thumbs down.
I will be not directly able to solve the issue you are experiencing especially if this issue has been introduced with an update.

You can report the issue by sending a feedback. I know replies to feedback are not granted and usually you wont get a reply but feedback will arrive to the competent Google team and will be examined.

Other steps you can try is to update iOS and Google Chrome, if this doesn't solve try to uninstall Chrome and than install again. You can try also to restart the device.

Once again please send detailed feedback about the issue you are experiencing including info of the device and when the issue started. In the feedback details, if you want, you can try to also link this discussion.

Please remember that product experts are not Google employed, we are just volunteer users that share knowledge on the community.

If you want can look for existent bug or open a new one at the Chromium project page: https://www.chromium.org/for-testers/bug-reporting-guidelines

Wish to all of you a great day and week!

Best regards,

Relevant Answer
Please fix this issue. It seems to fail to account for the notch and displays the website behind the notch. When rotating, the margins are changed and messed up. 
Just visit a site in Chrome browser for iOS and rotate the phone from portrait to landscape and then back to portrait. 
Safari seems to account for the notch by preventing the site being displayed behind it. Chrome does not do this.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Подтверждаю, проблема есть. Исправьте пожалуйста!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am having the exact same issue.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
same problem here
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same , please fix
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same problem here
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same Problem. IPhone 11 Pro Max, Google Chrome App for iPhone Version 85.0.4183.109 .It usually happens after I go from landscape screen orientation back to portrait
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same problem
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Have updated iOS, restarted, no chrome updates to install - still having same issue.  Super annoying. Example attached...
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same problem here. It is detrimental to my browsing experience on phone. I can’t use the entire width of my phone screen and now have to scroll left and right in addition to up and down. Annoying is an understatement.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I too have the same issue as of about 2 weeks ago after an iPhone iOS update I believe
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
URL refresh to fix temporarily rather than page refresh which did not. Thank you user for that bit of info. For me that’s enough... for now, to let me continue to use Chrome for iOS
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same problem here. Really annoying.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same problem, still happening
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same, I have this problem too
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Still happening in iOS 14.0.1. Submitted feedback as requested
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I'm also encountering this issue and am severely disappointed because I do not want to use safari, but it also affects functionality like swipe down to refresh, and is immensely annoying.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same. iPhone 11 pro. Happened before iOS 14; updating to iOS 14 did not help.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same. Annoying to no end. I’m a longtime Chrome user but this is enough to move me to a different browser.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same problem.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue. Alphabet needs to fix their chrome browser for iOS.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am facing the same problem as well
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue for me. Might be time to switch browsers
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am also having this exact issue. No fix that I’ve found yet either
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same, very annoying.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
same problems
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same, tried everything (uninstalled app, reinstalled iOS).
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same problem. Fix it
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
It’s getting annoying....my daughter and I both are experiencing it. I can’t stand Safari and love Google (Chrome) but if this isn’t resolved soon I might make the switch to Safari.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same problem. Started like 2 weeks ago
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same here. Please fix ASAP.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am not able to open this also
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Problem with iphone. Safari does it too
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
same problem. very annoying
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same problem, iphone Xr with ios 14!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue. Very irritating
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Really, no response here from google on this issue?  Very disappointed in the support for this popular browser.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Me too!! It's so annoying!!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
i also have this issue
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same problem with the margins on the side and then the page shifts to the left.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same problem here!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same problem!

And this is on top of Chrome automatically reducing text size for months now
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue really annoying. Also you mention: 

“Refreshing the page by swiping up does not fix the issue, but refreshing by clicking the URL, then return will fix the issue temporarily.” 

You don’t actually have to refresh the page to fix it temporarily, just click the URL and then click cancel. Not perfect, but slightly better than having to refresh the page.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have the same problem
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Me too. Same problem.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Having the same issue.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue, for a couple weeks now. Really annoying.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue occurring on my phone for past few weeks. Turning phone to side and back as poster explains is exactly what triggers the margin issue they describe. Not sure what more the tech support needs to identify the problem.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Also having this issue. Please fix.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
also happening to me, very annoying
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same problem on my iPhone XR
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have the same problem on my iPhone X too.

Verry, verry anoying
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same iPhone 11 IOS 14
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same! Good to know I’m not alone! Please fix.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Please fix this issue ! It’s SUPER ANNOYING AND FRUSTRATING. Also after iOS 14 update, pages are extremely slow to load !
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
It appears to be a basic defect that should have been caught at the first level of testing by Google before release. So, that makes one wonder.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
So sick of this may just switch to different browsers
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Can Google just fix this!!!!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Delete and reinstall fixed this after several months of this problem
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
TLDR: Delete and reinstall Chrome!
Ugh, I just spent 5 hours troubleshooting/debugging this nasty issue for a fairly complicated website I'm building. I assumed it was my trove of custom CSS and/or Javascript. ...Until I visited apple.com and their website does the same thing! Along with every. single. website I tried after that ha. [laughing/crying] Deleting and reinstalling Chrome fixed this portrait/landscape rotation bug for all sites - including mine. Wow.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Delete and reinstall fixed the problem. If the actions considered a new download. Then, the numbers of chrome download will get fake counts.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Pretty obvious it’s iOS 14. We’ll just have to wait for a compatibility update. Apple broke Chrome, not Google.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This was happening for me
before iOS14 so it’s not Apple, it’s Chrome.

Crazy because I always thought Safari was losing the browser game but looking at this defunct support ticket system, where no one’s getting an actual response, it looks like it may be time to reconsider.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This has been bugging me all month. Even before iOS 14 debuted.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
A delete and reinstall appears to fix this problem now.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Works well now after reinstall
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Works well when you reinstall.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Thanks for this update....
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
That fix took over 15 days to fix this problem, and nothing from google or apple about who’s software was responsible or who fixed it finally. “Move along kids, nothing to see here!”
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
WOW, after IOS Chrome 86 update everything broke down after orientation swap in our app. We have a very simple innerHeigh/innerWidth solution for ensuring a full viewport view. I've been sitting with this issue for a few days and I've tried probably 20 ways of CSS and/or JavaScript combinations to support full height/width of the viewport.
NOTHING worked! Now I found this thread. Removed Chrome from my iOS device and reinstalled it and everything works perfectly with all versions I tried.

Someone really messed up in this release. Please Release a iOS Chrome version 87 ASAP and force update to users that ACTUALLY fix this issue and reinstalls the whole broken browser.

Thanks!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I think the issue has been resolved! I don't see such issues on my iPhone X Chrome after updating.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same. Please fix
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Similar problem here. Only that it appears to be the height that doesn't get correctly scaled.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same, please fix
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Just to confirm, we had the same issue with setting the height. Uninstall chrome and reinstall fixed the issue. But its not very user friendly. 

And we can't tell the end user to uninstall and reinstall chrome.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
It’s back in chrome 87 for iOS
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Chrome 87 has been updated. But this problem has not fix.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi, thank you very much for your updates!

I'm looking into this issue.
Please continue to send feedback from the Google Chrome browser.

Thank you for the patience.

Best regards,