/chrome/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Bing has started taking over as my default browser with each search as of yesterday.
I have already tried to remove through preferences - search engine (Bing does not appear there), reset Google Chrome, and shut down/restart the Mac.
Details
Pinned
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (1)
Relevant Answer
Hello, today i realise bing has takeover my browser, even i'm open google then bing showup as search result, this is what i do :

- Settings > Extentions > Remove extentions that you don't even remember when you install (or remove unused extentions)
- Done
marked this as an answer
All Replies (416)
Relevant Answer
Hi, Lorry Rehg
As a rule, the main culprit responsible for this is a browser hijacker. To uninstall browser hijacker and remove Bing redirect from Mac, you may follow this guide
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
that didn't work what do i do
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
The issue with Bing is not a computer virus, it has to do with your browser settings. I just bought a new computer and am having the same problem with Bing as I did on my other devices. Here's how I fixed it:

- Open Google chrome and go into settings
- Select Google as your default search engine. 
- Remove Bing on the list of search engines. 
- Now go into your computer settings and go to Apps --> Default Apps --> Google Chrome
- Make Google chrome your default search app on your computer. 

The issue should be fixed. At least, this worked for me. 
Thanks
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This happened to me also. After following the steps suggested Bing was still popping up, then i tried this and it worked for me..

-Open Google Chrome settings
-Scroll down to "On Startup"
- Select "Open the new Tab Page" (once you have done this and restarted Google Chrome, you can go back into settings and select "Continue where you left off" if preferred)

I hope this helps :)
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I tried so many ways to stop google going to bing but none of then work. Also my search bar at the top goes from to "search baron" then to bing does this happen to anyone else? is it a virus?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This has happened to me as well. I'm unable to remove Bing from the list of search engines, and every time I try to add Google to the list it doesn't populate on the list after I hit "add". Help!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same thing is happening to me, even though Google s my default browser and I deleted Bing from the options, i go to the search bar and quickly it changes it to bing. So annoying! :(
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have been trying to fix this for months! How come CHROME doesn't have a fix for this? I do not want to download something (malware) to potentially fix it and end up messing up more things. Nothing is working!!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Yep this is effecting me as well. Keep complaining here and maybe they will finally get a team on it
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hello, today i realise bing has takeover my browser, even i'm open google then bing showup as search result, this is what i do :

- Settings > Extentions > Remove extentions that you don't even remember when you install (or remove unused extentions)
- Done
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/chrome/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic