/chrome/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Chrome simply does not work since Microsoft Edge installed by Windows 10 update as default browser.
After Windows 10 automatically installed Edge as the default browser, no version of Chrome I install will work.  Some sites only work with Chrome so I'd like to use both.  Can't seem to make Chrome function like it has for years, and I've tried the Beta and latest versions with the latest Windows 10 with no success.  I see that this is a problem for many.  What is the solution?  None of the tips I've read through help, Chrome always acts the same - can't access many sites for some reason, so I have to view them with Edge.  Email won't work in Chrome on AOL, for example.
Details
Pinned
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (132)
Relevant Answer
I have the same problem. And whoever monitors these questions continually close them before they are answered. I want to use Chrome, but I may not be able to anymore. I am tired of having access denied or the not a robot thing happening. I, too, have tried all suggested fixes. Nothing has worked.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Exact same here.  Google must have an answer, Microsoft doesn't and now promotes Edge only.  Seems like to go back to an earlier version of  Windows 10 may work, but not a good security move, I'm sure.  We'll see if anyone answers here.  Thanks for letting me know you have the same issue, as do others.  Stay safe out there.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
same problem here
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
same problem, any fix yet?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
same chrome not working spent 3 day's ring to delete edge on dice do not want microsoft it never works
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same and super frustrating
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
same problem here. not working chrome plz fix yet
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have the same problem too. I was told that I could upload Windows 10 and Microsoft from my brand new note 10 because I paid so much money for it I on the programs when I did I got windows e n capital u capital s Windows e n u s and not has blown out my internet but my files out there and now people are using my website as a proxy. I have been struggling with this for three weeks no one will help me. I raisded Hell with Microsoft and windows raised hell with Xfinity.. Now I am at my breaking point and have found out that Xfinity sells cards where you can buy likes a somebody internet for an hour If a person doesn't use their internet all the timeall the time either website all the time you know their internet they sell it as a Hotspot and the  router and let them use let them use it. Google know, Chrome does it .  because that's time wasted that they're not making money and I can prove it go in their site and  read their policy  They sell cards for $3.95 an hour or google Internet On Demand and see what comes up it's see if you got Windiws 10 e n u s let me know thank you
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Seit 3 Stunden kann ich nicht auf meine Bank zugreifen. Alles andere funktioniert. Echt mühsam. Chrom neueste Version runter geladen. Aber keine Verbindung. Mein Sohn ist zum Glück IT Spezialist und hilft mir später.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Here is what i did after hours of trying and figuring out i was not in S mode the whole time in my win 10 home version, every time i got to the chrome download website i clicked the download button and nothing so heres what you do just simply open Edge browser and type in at the top of page in the browser exactly google.com/chrome and enter if it says cant open or try again start over in the browser and type google.com/chrome and b4 you enter look to the right and there should be a gear icon click that and you have to add: or give permission for the google.com/chrome to be opened in Edge, if i remember right i clicked add: and typed in the address google.com/chrome and it sent me to the website and allowed me to download from the blue button. This should absolutely work for you once you are either out of S mode or were never in S mode.
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/chrome/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic