/chrome/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Can't remove MyCouponsmart extension because it's "Managed by your organization"
Chrome has been totally hijacked by this MyCouponsmart extension. It seems to have set itself up as the admin. I've tried uninstalling Chrome, deleting every plist file I could find in Libraries and Cache, yet still it persists. I'd really rather not have to wipe the computer and start over just because of this. Is there any way to get my admin rights back on Chrome and get rid of this "Managed by your organization" thing?
Details
Pinned
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (29)
Relevant Answer
Hi Leondro, 

Do you own this computer? Or does a school/business you work for own this computer. If you don't own this computer you will have to ask your admin to remove the extension for you. If you do own the computer you should make sure you are logged in with your correct account. As you can install extensions on your browser the extensions can be shared across multiple accounts. Make sure you are signed in with the correct account when you are managing your extensions. 

Hope this helped! 
-Brennan 
Google Community Assistant
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
It belongs to a client of mine. He owns the laptop outright. Chrome actually says that MyCouponsmart is the system administrator, which means this feature is being abused by malware to prevent removal.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
MyCouponsmart malicious extension removing from Chrome on Mac: 
1. Folder/Applications - Delete MyCouponsmart
2. Folder - Delete the extension ID
3. System Preferences/Profiles - Delete Chrome profile and then restart the computer.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I'm having the same issue! I went and deleted mycouponsmart from my applications and it's still showing up as an extension on google chrome that cannot be edited because it is controlled by mycouponsmart...

any other ideas, aside from not using google chrome ever again?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Thank you Алексей Колесник 6713. I ran Malwarebytes, which removed several files but the MyCouponsmart extension was still running in Chrome. I completely removed all Chrome files, restarted, reinstalled, and it was still there. But after checking System Preferences as you said, I saw a Profiles icon that I don't remember seeing before, which had a profile for Chrome and another for Safari. Deleted both and restarted and it seems to have worked. Thank you!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I removed all unwanted files and deleted all extensions. STILL the Chrome browser has the MyCouponsmart virus. I've deleted Chrome 3 times and reinstalled and STILL it is there. I give up. It was easy to get rid of the virus on Safari. But Chrome is NOT secure!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I'm having the same issue, Malwarebytes didn't help at all even after it said it removed it. Please help!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have the same issue and it's so frustrating! I found the profile under system preferences and deleted it, and although it appears now that the extension is gone, my homepage on chrome is still some weird "search" thing and won't default to google.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
hello, im having the same problem, except its a random fucking website called hi.ru (its in russian and something about covid-19) that keeps popping up everytime i open a google tab, instead of an actual google tab, if you know what i mean. im so tired of this and i have no idea where it comes from, i have never visited this website, and i dont know what i did to make it happen... (if anyone can help, please tell me. it also says my google is managed by an organization, makes me kind of fucked because the manager of this, which is probably that sneaky ass website, has control over what happens on my browser.) am i totally doomed or can someone help me?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hope this helps, I had been trying to get rid of this malware for a long time since lockdown began and my buddy who was a programmer was trying to help me remotely with limited results. Determined I tried today and ready instructions requiring downloading google homepage resets, going into the Apps and deleting anything that looked off and also going into the systems profile and deleting anything that wasn't there which I found 2 files. I thought it was done, then I started up google chrome on my Mac and bang SearchMIne, coupon smart still there. 
I was about to throw in the towel when my buddy suggested to delete and reinstall chrome. I dragged the icon into my trash, emptied trash and chrome still there. I was shocked, Usually  I can just drag a program into trash then uninstall 
I then went back to profiles again and looked at the ones that remained, I had 3 googles profiles and 1 for safari. That kinda jumped at me and when I asked my friend about it, he said one if not two are hiding the malware within those tiles, so if you really want to uninstall the chrome didn't matter if you get rid of those profiles. Once I hit the minus and deleted all the profiles, MY chrome was back to normal, no more Search on my home page it was completely  gone and now I can set my home page to google and not forced with that stupid SEARCH with the multi colored words to mirror google. 
I have never been more happier after all this time to focus on it and finally get it off my computer, hope this helps anyone else. This malware had so many back up files so even if you spotted the easy ones it hid itself
so well.
Scholardrez
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/chrome/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic