/chrome/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Sometimes chrome freezes when typing text. 0 Recommended Answers 83 Replies 279 Upvotes
1 Recommended Answer
$0 Recommended Answers
1 Relevant Answer
$0 Relevant Answers
When the input box of some specific websites does not use the input method to input English letters, I can feel abnormal freezes every time. This makes me increasingly want to give up using chrome. I have tried resetting chrome settings, turning off all extensions, and deleting all chrome local data, but the problem persists. Reinstall chrome and the problem will be silenced.. But as soon as I log in to my Google account, chrome automatically starts to synchronize data, and after a few minutes, the problem will reappear. . . It seems that something in my account data is causing this problem. Websites that experience these issues include, but are not limited to, these:
https://github.com/     Its search box, login box
https://www.baidu.com/       Its search box

Even the search box of Google Chrome  help ,and the input box of Ask the Community also have this problem. I had to edit it elsewhere and then paste it over.

Only a few websites are normal, such as Google search, YouTube does not have this problem. Chrome's address bar doesn't have this problem either. Basically 90% of webpages have abnormal stuttering. I recorded a video for this.-> https://streamja.com/A047R

I have been typing letters quickly in the video, but the input in the browser is very slow.
If you can help me solve it, I will be grateful. Otherwise I can only give up this Google account and the data above, or try edge.
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (83)
Relevant Answer
I also have the same problem sir.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
same here, any solution?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Where's Google Chrome's help?!!!  Help us with this problem, please!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Mine is crashing several times a day now!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
It just froze as I was typing my post here... I lost a job due to a typing test I had to restart Chrome in three times... its not my keyboard, works fine in Word, Excel, Outlook, Notepad, Edge browser..reinstalled, same issue...
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am having the exact same problem.  It just started about 5 weeks ago.  No idea what is causing it.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue of slow responce in the search window of bestbuy for example. says site is not responding. But I can get the site up on another computer we have and it is on chrom as well. No problem there. Must have picked up something or made a setting in chrome on the failing computer?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same problem here, can't figure out what's causing this.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have the same problem.. I even downgraded chrome to last stable version but the problem persists. So frustrating!! I hope someone figures out fast...
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have the same problem on Windows 10 and identified the spell checker as the root cause. As soon as I turned it off, Chrome became repsonsive again when typing into text areas, e.g. in web forms or web mail interfaces. But now I don't have a spell checker anymore...

I have no idea why the spell checker is such a CPU hog, making Chrome unresponsive for 30 seconds after each word I type. I have an expensive business laptop Lenovo ThinkPad X5 Carbon Gen 5 with 16 GB RAM and Core-i7 dual processor (4 virtual CPUs). I am a power user and other applications such as office or IDE apps behave normally and are very responsive.
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
Delete post?
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/chrome/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Marked as Recommended Answer
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic