/chrome/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
I am getting a popup message saying that "A data breach on a site or app exposed your password.
I am getting a popup message saying that "A data breach on a site or app exposed your password. I have deleted all my saved passwords and still get this message on some sites.
Details
Pinned
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (560)
Relevant Answer
Am getting the same thing. Changed password, got same worrying pop up with new password.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same here. Changed all my passwords. I just hope it’s not a scam 😟
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Is this a scam or legit?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
same here, what is the reason of this ?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I got it too. going to leave google for good.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Is this happening via the Google Chrome web browser, or another web browser? 
have you installed a browser extension related to this? 
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
it was when i went into my google browser
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This happened to me yesterday. I suddenly could no longer login into my battle.net account even though the credentials were typed correctly since I use them almost every day. After recovering my password and logging in on the website this error popped up, I'm a bit concerned lol.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
THIS HAPPENS IN THER GOOGLE BROWSER.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
As this is a Google Chrome related issue, likely due to an extension, I’m transferring this post to the google chrome support forum
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I would treat it as suspicious until further notice...and don't change anything!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This is a genuine feature of Chrome built into the latest version. It used to be an extension but now is part of the core browser. If you get this message you need to follow the instructions.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
It's legit (i.e. really from Chrome).  My Chrome browser last updated about a week ago [to 'Version 79.0.3945.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)] and I got the popup for the first time today (when logging into DropBox). I found this article: https://lifars.com/2019/08/google-will-warn-you-if-your-credentials-were-exposed/ from August indicating that 'Password Checkup' is a new Chrome feature,  a security service that Google released the beta version of in February. It became widely available as an extension in August and Google indicated then that it was planning to build it directly into its Chrome browser. The article explains what it is and how it works...
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Just got one too, not going to follow it up on it now.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I got one also. i'm a web developer, i was just testing my site then i got the error, i thought i had done something wrong 😐
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
same here, it said 68 of my passwords have been exposed on a third party site.  WHAT THE F !?!?!?!??!

GOING TO BRAVE BROWSER FOREVER
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
can it show you where the brreach was?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same here, why has it only just started doing this? and how can i find out which app may have breached it?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am psychiatricly disabled & do not understand much of what is said here.
I don't understand the the world the way most people do.
Your patience & understanding for us disabled is greatly appreciated.
Does anything truly need to be done?
Please explain what this means in more simple terms.
Please provide exact instructions if we chrome customers need to do anything.
Thank you.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This happened to me after I noticed that my username and password for the specific site I wanted to log in was displayed in the browser on my first attempt to log into the site. I felt something was wrong, and I don't think it has to do with chrome extension.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Ok so I recently downloaded the Hulu App and an App called Relax Melodies before getting this notice. Does anyone else know if they downloaded one of these two Apps recently? I know it's a reach but I need to know what's going on.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Weird... i downloaded relax melodies on my phone recently too
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Another f***ing popup!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
i got the same, can google also tell where it was compromised or what app leaked this ?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I don't care that it is from Google. If they know it is a data breach, then they know which accounts are affected. Telling people they have to change all passwords because one may have been breached is not going to result in more security. These breaches are on a regular basis so if you do not know which one is affected then you will force people to change what could be 50 passwords a week. People will end up keeping lists that are a risk in themselves or ignoring the messages. If they want to be actually helpful they will name the sites with the breach.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Sean, I agree with you. A vague message with no detail is useless!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
My question is where did the breach come from. In the past when there have been breaches like this it has made the news and there have even been settlements in some cases. There are only two possible culprits- Google or whatever website you're on that it is prompting you to change the password for. Can we get more info about what happened and how Google knows about it?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am getting the same pop up on every single site I visit where I have an account - hundreds of sites! Who is responsible for the data breach, when was it "breached" and by whom and to whom?  I am subscribed to a site called Have I been pwned https://haveibeenpwned.com/ which always advises about data breaches but nothing has come recently. So how about an explanation from someone?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Yes, same here. May I know which site holds my passwords? It just seems ridiculous to me because I only use the password within the company's intranet, and I only use the feature "remembering passwords" provided by Chrome. Does something happen on Chrome side?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This is not my User account number
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/chrome/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic