/chrome/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
open tabs on other devices not showing up in history
I broke my phone (Samsung Galaxy J7 2015) today and the screen is completely black and flashes random colors if I press random buttons, so I can't access anything on it. I have over 200 tabs open in Chrome on the phone and I'm trying to retrieve all of those tabs on my PC, but when I go to history and click tabs on other devices, it only shows the 23 tabs I looked at in the past 2 days or so, and none of the older tabs show up. 
^ shows that I have 382 tabs open (some of them are from a different device) so I know there's way more than 23 tabs on my phone

All the methods I've looked at for the past 3 hours requires some sort of action of the phone itself and I can't access anything on the phone at the moment :(( I can view the phone's files if I connect it to my pc through a usb cable, but that's pretty much the only thing I can do with it right now. If anybody knows how to get the other tabs to show up that would be great!
Details
Pinned
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (54)
Relevant Answer
I've been having a similar problem as well. I can view all of my desktop tabs on my mobile device, but whatever I try, I can't seem to view my mobile tabs on my desktop anymore.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
+1 for also having this issue. Mobile chrome is sorta ok, desktop chrome is not. 
  • I have 3 apple devices (a phone and two ipads). Each of them is on the latest chrome version. They all can see their own tabs and any desktop taps, in this case my desktop and my laptop show up on each i-device, but they cannot see each other's mobile tabs (i.e., the iPhone won't see the ipad's tabs)
  • The desktop will see the laptop's tabs (and vice versa) but that's all (other PC version of chrome) in my history but mobile tabs are gone. 
All 3 apple devices have tons of tabs open. Tried clearing history, signing out / in, toggling sync on/off, restarting i-devices, no go. Checked my account and google account security shows they are all checking in within seconds. They are all on the latest version of ios.
"But why is tabs gone?"
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi, this is from Japan.
Same problem is also posted as well in the Chrome community for who use Japanese.
(Please use the translate page of Google if you need.)

The newest reply on Nov. 27, '19 in above says the useful comment; that is 
to close all open tabs on unshared devises, not to restart Chrome.
(this way seems to have been posted in English community but now erased..)

I have an iPhone 8, and tabs in it are not shown in other devices (MBP, MBA, and Android), and 
I can solve this situation with above.
Before doing this, I used "Pocket" or "Evernote" / "OneNote" to escape all 20-30 tabs temporarily.

Hope this helps all of you a lot.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Thank you guys!
I did as you said, closed all my open tabs, closed chrome (required) then opened again on my iphone, and navigated to a random page. Checked on my PC and it immediately popped up within seconds.
What a strange problem, sync has been working perfectly without interruption for.... years?
Anyway, thanks again.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Don't get too excited. I tried that trick three times now, and it only works for about a week. But then I noticed my computer only showed tabs from several days ago, and then they expire and are all gone again. I also use my phone to keep several frequently visited tabs open and count on being able to review them on my computer. It's getting very frustrating and I hope they patch whatever the disconnect is.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I'm having the same problem as others:  Mobile devices see the desktop, but not the other way.  I have a Macbook Pro, iPhone, and IPad.

This is so unnaceptable - and it has gone unresolved for so long, that I am regrettably considering switching to Firefox or Safari.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Having same issue.
Can see open Mac tabs on iPhone, but can't see iPhone tabs from Mac. It's empty when I go to tabs on other devices using Mac.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hello everyone!

I have 2 PC (work and home) and Ipad Air, so lost tabs from Ipad on another devices. Re-sync won't to work, but close all tabs, close Chrome and after reopening - go to hystory. I have seen 'Sync on' and now all tabs present on all devices.

Thanks a lot with solution!!!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
AAAGHHH. Erick, you are right! It does only last a few days to a week. Now, even with just a few taps open on my phone / ipads, its not updating on my PC. Bloody hell this is annoying. How do we get an actual Mod / jr engineer to even start to look at this thread to begin to diagnose this issue?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have the same problem.  I tried the a bunch of stuff including "Reset Sync".  I have an android phone and a windows PC.  My 100+ open tabs on Chrome on my Android device do not show up on the PC.  Both PC and Phone are using the same account.   In fact, sync is not registering the open tabs on my phone at all
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/chrome/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic